Friday, January 1, 2010

END OF YEAR'S GIFT 2009


This time, I want to share another story about an important moment in my life.
 
On December 31, 2009, I get the very impressive 'End of Year's Gift'. It is a very handsome baby boy is a handsome. Yes, the age of my pregnancy have reaches nine months old. On Wednesday evening 30th December, about six o'clock, I felt pain in my stomach. At that time I only feel pain like flatulence. I think I might just get cold and by lying down at my bed, the pain will be reduced. However, the pain still continued to come and recurrent periods of time relatively the same.
 
By seeing the frequency of pain which always the same and repeated every 3-5 minutes, I began to understand that it is a contraction of the abdomen before birth. I just told my husband that our baby would be born soon this evening. My husband asked if we probably should see the midwife soon on the spot. But I do not want to wait long in the birthing - as yet no 'urgent' sign such as the outbreak of amniotic fluid or bleeding. Though I truly can not sleep because of that periodic contraction.
 
While our daughter, 3.5 y.o., Mischel, also can not sleep because we had not sleep yet. Furthermore she was also heard our conversation that his brother will be born soon. Up to half past 1 in the morning - I walked into the bathroom with much pain and I found a spot of blood. That is when we decide to immediately go to the maternity hospital. We had to go then to the maternity hospital together with our little daughter, who is very excited waiting for the birth of her brother.

We arrived at the maternity hospital at 01.30 am. After checking my womb, the Midwife said that if the labor going smoothly, then the baby would be born around 3 am. The midwife prediction turned true. After experiencing the exhausting struggle, with labor pain, our baby boy was born  then exactly at 03.15 am, on December 31. Although I feel the pain, with so much pain, I know that is a miracle if I get through the labor in a faster process than the birth of our first child.

Another amazing thing is, our toddler daughter was still awake waiting for the birth of her brother. Although drowsy, she remains eager to wait from the  bedroom provided for me. In fact, my husband told me that every time he came out from the maternity room to check our daughter, she is always asking if his brother was already born or not. Plus, he was not whining for entry into the maternity room to see me. How sweet was not our daughter!

Predictably then - Mischel is very happy - when our baby and I came into the room. She does not keep constant kissing her brother's cheek. Until at 5 am , she finally fell asleep because of the exhaustion and sleepiness.

In the afternoon, though still feel the labor illness but I felt I was in good conditions, I asked the Midwife's permission to be allowed to go home. Because as bad my pain, I still feel that it is more comfortable in our own house and own bedroom. Then we went home that night, at the time of a year's closing on December 31, 2009.

That night when the outside is filled with New Year's frenzy celebration and a firecracker noise of fireworks, too, we slept soundly in our room. Not because we do not care about the New Year's arrival. But because we were very satisfied and grateful with the 'End of Year's Gift 2009' which God had given to our family.


Read Indonesian Version

No comments:

Post a Comment